Learn about Plants
At each monthly meeting, a SSS member presents a program on some phase of succulent culture.
Past presentations have included:
Show & Tell
Another regular feature is the Plant of the Month, in which members bring representatives of one group of cacti and one of other succulents for discussion and for judging in a mini-show.
There's also a table full of plants that members want to show off or ask questions about.
Take Home a Plant
INTRO TITLE Three
Each meeting also includes plant sales by vendors and other members, as well as drawings for free plants.
“Mojave shows how local changes make a global impact.”
NGO News Publication | April 2016
Other Activities & Events
2012 - 2016
YEAR by YEAR GROWTH
Other activities include:
* An annual show and sale, held the first weekend in May.
* A barbeque and auction, held each August.
* The Holiday Party, at which Plant of the Month winners receive award plants.
It replaces the December meeting.
* Visits to nurseries and gardens from Santa Barbara to San Diego.
* Each year one randomly-chosen member gets a scholarship to
attend the Succulent Symposium at the Huntington Botanical Gardens.